MY DOG ® Twin-to-Win Competition
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Promoter is Mars Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 48 008 454 313) trading as Mars Petcare Australia, of 1 Petcare Place, Wodonga VIC 3690.
- Promotion starts 9am AEST on 1 July 2021 and closes 11.59pm AEST on 25 July 2021 (“Entry Period”).
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. Each entry must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Entry into this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who is:
- a resident of Australia aged 16 years or older at the time of entry;
- an owner of a dog at the time of entry;
- not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and
- is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
To enter, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period;
- Comment on the post with a matching photo of you and your dog on Facebook and incude the hashtag #TwinToWin OR
- Make an Instagram post with a matching photo of you and your dog and include the hashtag #TwinToWin
- Eligible Entrants who submit a valid entry in accordance with these conditions will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion.
- Entry into the competition is restricted to only one (1) entry per person. If an entrant supplies multiple entries, the Promoter will use the first valid entry as their only valid entry. Entries are received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, and not time of transmission by Eligible Entrants.
- All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter.
- Entrants can only enter in their own individual capacity and from a social media account which they hold in their own name. Entering under a false name/s may invalidate all entries. Multiple entries under different names and/or different social media accounts may also invalidate all entries at the Promoter’s discretion. The use of automatic entry software, mechanical or electronic devices that allows an individual to automatically enter the competition is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies or companies accept no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, damaged or misdirected entries. In addition, the Promoter is not responsible for entries incorrectly completed/submitted or for problems experienced entering the competition due to technical issues (i.e. computer problems or internet connections).
- Entries must:
- be the Eligible Entrant’s own original work, and not include content which infringes the rights of any person;
- not contain any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Eligible Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- not contain content, which is obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable;
- be suitable for display and publication nationally;
- not directly reference any other third-party trademarks, names or logos other than MY DOG branded products; and
- not contain any copyrighted works (other than works owned by the Eligible Entrant) and must not contain or refer to any other pet food brand.
- Entries that are or include obscene, offensive, defamatory, inappropriate, unsuitable, or infringing content as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion will be deemed invalid, are not acceptable and not eligible to win.
- Judging will take place at 9:00am 21 July 2021 at Level 1, 112 Cubitt Street, Cremorne, VIC, Australia and will be conducted by a panel of judges comprising representatives of the Promoters. Winners will be chosen daily for the duration of the Promotional Period.
- The judges will judge all complete, eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- The best 500 entries as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, to be the most creative photos will be declared provisional winners.
- Upon verification of their winning entry, each winner will receive:
- 1x HUMAN Jumper (colour to match dog jumper)
- 1x DOG Jumper (colour dependant on dog size)
- The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or any other consideration.
- The Prize is accurate at the date of commencement of the Promotion. If a prize or part of a prize is unavailable, the Promoter retains the right to substitute it with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter will notify provisional winners that they have won a prize by direct message to the account that posted the comment within two (2) business days of determination, and will provide instructions which provisional winners must follow in order to verify their entries and claim their prizes.
- If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants and provisional winners must provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to verify their identity and eligibility to enter and claim a prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Eligible Entrant invalid if the Eligible Entrant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's reasonable satisfaction; or
- fails to produce proof of identify on request or produces documentation that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, is illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
- in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
- in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- If a provisional winner complies with these Terms & Conditions, and the Promoter verifies and accepts the entry in accordance with these Terms & Conditions, the Promoter will declare them winner and will deliver the prize (to the address provided during the notification and verification process) within 28 days of the prize being awarded.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for an incorrect address being provided during the notification and verification process, and (once dispatched) the Promoter is not liable for any prize that has been lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- Winners must claim their prizes by responding to the MY DOG® page within 7 days of award notification from The Promoter and/or it’s representatives. If a winner does not claim their prize by this time, they will forfeit their prize and will not be entitled to any alternative prize or compensation. The Promoter may then award the prize to the next best entry as determined by the judges.
- The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting any prize is the responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter and associate agencies accept no responsibility for any breach of contract or any infringement or other violation of copyright or any other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights through the acceptance of entries into this Promotion and each entrant takes full responsibility for any such claims made in relation to their entry.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to assign all rights of the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, including, without limitation, posting and promoting their entry (whether in original form or a modified or adapted by the Promoter as permitted under this paragraph) on the Promoter’s newsletters and website without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- How you may access the personal information that is held by us and seek correction of such information; and
- How you can make a complaint.
- If you do not provide the personal information reasonably requested by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting the Promotion you may not be able to submit a valid entry into the Promotion.
RULES ABOUT ENTRY CONTENT
JUDGING AND PRIZES
(Collectively, a Prize.)
NOTIFICATION, VERIFICATION & PRIZE CLAIM